Friday, May 3, 2013

A Novel Idea...Or Five

It's no secret that I'm a super huge bookworm. It may even be a fact that I can't fall asleep at night unless I get a good reading sesh in first. There's just something about getting completely lost in a some crazy love story or badass psychological autobiography. Sooooo, I decided to create a little list of some of my all time fave books ever.


Call it fact, fiction, or something in between, there is absolutely no denying the slew of emotions you will wholeheartedly experience while reading this story on addiction, love, loss, and the craziness that life really is. Not to mention how amazingly informal, choppy, and profanity infused the writing is; English teachers, take that!


A psychological thriller, twisted love story, and modern classic. Need I say more? Okay, okay, maybe English teachers do know a thing or two (After all, they did force me to read this back in the day.) 


A guy sets himself on fire in an attempt to kill himself and lives to tell about it in a sardonically humorous and laugh-out-loud sort of way. Don't believe me? Read it yourself.


The start of my die hard obsession with the name "Atticus."


A woman's recount (and actual journal entries) of surviving a frighteningly abusive relationship as it played out from the very beginning to the very end.

Now I promise not all of the books I read are super serious and dramatic, but you have to understand I did study psychology for six years! In all actuality, I'm a total sucker for trashy cheesy romance novels and trendy teen series (ahem, Twilight, 50 Shades of Grey...). I could go on and on about the 9098423899 books I've read and adored, but I'll practice self-restraint and stop at my fave five. 

No comments:

Post a Comment