Thursday, July 18, 2013

my meaning of life

It's no secret to anyone that even remotely knows me that I am a huge animal lover and if you've read my post here then you know that as well. For me, rescuing animals and adopting pets has always been a way of life and to be quite honest, I don't understand people who don't embrace this view as well. I've noticed that when I don't have animals in my life, it's a lot less meaningful. So, as one of my New Year's resolutions, I vowed to add more animals to my life in some way. Now I already have a super precious puppy in my life (who we adopted of course) so I had to get creative. 

Cue: volunteering at a badass animal nonprofit. I decided to apply for an Animal Care position at the Pacific Marine Mammal Center in Laguna Beach and after months of interviews and training, I scored the position :) I truly feel so much happier now that I am able to work with animals on a weekly basis. Here are a few pictures of the little guys I get to help rescue, rehabilitate, and release:

giving some of the baby sea lions a warm bath :)

what makes it all worth it: releasing the animals back into their home!

this little lady really wanted to be a guest on the blog!

our baby harbor seal who has us all wrapped around her finger flipper




No comments:

Post a Comment