Monday, January 6, 2014

intention.

I can't help but get all giddy with the start of the new year. I was so ready for 2013 to be over and am so ready for a completely fresh start in 2014. I'm a sucker for resolutions so I wanted to share with all of you a few of mine:

1. Run a 5k (The Color Run) and a 10k (Race For The Rescues)
Given that I've never run a race in my life (nor can I remember the last time I've ran a mile nonstop, this resolution may be a little overzealous. However, one of this year's life goals is to lead a healthier lifestyle and what better motivation than training and running for a good cause?

2. Always have fresh flowers in the house.
Because...why not?!

3. Find (and wear) my "signature scent"
I know, I know. Some may be appalled to read that at almost 26 years old, I have yet to find my signature scent. Any recommendations I can try out? Do tell!

4. Start investing.
Ideally, set up a matching 401k with an employer, otherwise look into a Roth IRA. Why? Because I want to be that person at 65 years old travelling the world, going to fancy dinners, and just living a super cushy life!

I'm pretty confident with this year's resolutions. I've found that setting specific ones rather than general, typical ones (i.e. get in shape! work out more! eat health!) are much easier to commit to and achieve. For example, last year my resolutions were to get more involved in animal welfare (I'm now volunteering for two amazing animal nonprofits on a weekly basis!), go to more concerts (I went to a total of 7), and start painting (This one is still underway; I got an amazing acrylic paint set for Christmas and can't wait to use it).

Bring it, 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment